We have certified acceptance agents providing passport services Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 3 p.m.
It is recommended that you call for an appointment if you have 4 or more applications to be processed.
Routine Passport Fees
Fees for age 16 and older are $110 to US Dept. of State and $35 to the Town of Windham for a total of $145 and add on $10 if we take your photo.
Fees for under age 16 are $80 to US Dept. of State and $35 to the Town of Windham for a total of $115.00 and add on $10 if we take your photo.
Passport cards are now available, however, the card is not for travel by air. Valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only. Call for more info.
Passport Form Tips
- Customers will be required to submit a photo copy of their citizenship evidence with their original. The Town Office can make a copy for you.
- Please use black ink when filling out your form.
- Please make sure the birth certificate you bring is a certified birth certificate that has a raised seal and a filing date. Passports will not accept a hospital birth certificate or a census birth certificate. It must be issued by a City or Town Clerk's Office or a Vital Statistics Office.
- The form will ask for the applicant's Social Security number. We do not need to see the card, but you must fill in the number.
- For children under the age of 16 who are getting a passport; both parents must be with the child at the time the application is being processed. If for some reason one of the parents is unable to be here, there is a form (DS-3053) that can be filled out ahead of time, but it must be signed in front of a Notary Public and then brought to us by the applying parent.
- Renewal by mail is $110 and you must qualify to use form DS-82.
- Expedited service for routine passports or renewal passports is $60 per application.
- Expedited fee does not include overnight delivery. Overnight stamps are $19.99 going to passports and $15.89 returning from passports.
Along with the passport forms, we can also take your passport photo for only $10. Once you have your forms, simply head down the hall to the Tax Collections office for your photo.
Payment to the Department of State MUST be made using a U.S. Check, Cashiers Check, or Money Order. They do not accept starter checks.
Payment to the Town of Windham may be made using Check or Cash. There is an option to use a Debit or Credit Card with a 2.65% fee. Thank you.
For more information, please call our office at 207-892-2511, email Assistant Tax Collector Judith Heggeman, or visit the Federal Passport website.