Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
FMI call the Office at 892-2511
• Current Registration.
• Current Proof of Insurance with VIN Number.
• Current Odometer Reading.
If purchased from a Dealer:
• Window sticker – required for new vehicles.
• Blue copy of Maine Title Application or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin.
• Bill of Sale from Maine Dealer or from Non-Maine Dealer.
• Proof of Insurance with VIN number and policy expiration date.
• Copy of lease agreement (if leased vehicle).
• Current Mileage.
• Original Power of Attorney from lessor if leased vehicle or registering for someone else.
If purchased in a private sale:
• Signed Bill of Sale from previous owner with complete description of vehicle and sale price.
• If vehicle is purchased from a non-jurisdictional (non-title State for that year), a notarized Bill of Sale from the last registered owner is required.
• Release of Lien if applicable (lienholder shown on face of title).
• Reverse side of Title signed over from previous owner (all in Seller’s writing) if vehicle is 1995 or newer.
• Current Proof of Insurance with VIN number and policy expiration date.
• Title Application and Sales Tax Form – completed at Town Hall when registering the vehicle.
• If purchasing vehicle from another Maine resident, a second Title application form must be filed by that person and pay the $33.00 fee.
If previously registered out-of-state by you:
• Out-of-state Title or Current Lienholder/Lessor Name and Address.
• Out-of-state Registration.
• Current Proof of Insurance with Maine Liability and VIN number and policy expiration date.
Online you can register 60 days early.
** To process a U.S. Passport application for a child under the age of 16, both parents and child must be present. If only one parent is able to be present a sworn affidavit (Form DS-3053) is required from the non-appearing parent.
If you are a business, the answer is no. For commercial entities, you may use the Riverside Recycling Facility at 910 Riverside Street in Portland. FMI, please call 797-6200. FMI please call 854-5353.
Was your trash in Windham Trash Bags? If not, you can pick them up at many stores in Windham also at The Town Office or Public Works. Also if your recycling bin was left, check to be sure there isn't anything in the bin that should not be there. Please keep your Windham trash bags separated from the recycle bin. If your uncertain about what you can recycle call Public Works Department at 892-1909, we will be happy to assist you. For additional information please check our Windham Recycles page. Windham Recycles Page
We are in the process of replacing much of the town's signage with advanced technology signs that will reflect much better at night and be more visible during the daytime.
For those eligible, Medicare is billed directly by the billing service. Medicare recipients are still responsible for the amount of their co-payments.
Fishing Licenses are required for anyone 16 years old and older or a non-resident who is 12 years and older.
Hunting License requires proof of either:a) completing a hunter safety course orb) having held a valid ADULT hunting license in any state
After October 15th you are eligible to register your dog on-line. Go to www10.informe.org/dog_license/ and follow the instructions.
Dog licenses run from the 1st of January until the end of December. The month of January is granted as a grace period. A late fee of $25.00 starts February 1.
We also have Leaf and Brush Drop-Off in both Spring and Fall. Look in the local town papers for the notices and Windham's local TV station.