How to Apply
Fee & Turnaround Time
RequirementsRequirements to obtain a marriage license are:
- If this is not a first marriage for one of you, bring a certified copy (with a raised seal) of the divorce form or death certificate of the last spouse.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Written parental consent is required for an applicant under 18.
- Written parental consent and written consent of a judge are required for an applicant under 16. No blood test is required.
- Please bring a valid photo I.D. for each of you.
The Clerk will perform short marriage ceremonies by request and appointments are encouraged. There is no set fee for a marriage ceremony; however, we do accept donations that are used for children in Windham whose families have asked for help at Christmas.