Fire - Rescue
Mission of Windham Fire - Rescue
The mission of the Windham Fire Rescue Department is:
"To assist the citizens and visitors of our community with emergencies that they are unable to handle themselves."
This mission means the department will respond to many situations to provide assistance or advice on the emergency. We may not be able to resolve but we will offer technical assistance or referral to another agency.
The department provides a range of services that include:
- Emergency Medical Response
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Prevention/Inspection Activities
- Emergency Management
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Workplace Safety
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Aid
The Windham Fire Rescue Department has four locations that we provide response from.
- Public Safety Building/Central Station at 375 Gray Road (staffed 24 hrs)
- North Station at 718 Roosevelt Trail (staffed 24 hrs)
- East Station at 45 Falmouth Road (not staffed)
- South Station at 33 Main Street (not staffed) (Shared with Gorham)
In addition to these we have multiple mutual aid and automatic aid agreements with adjacent communities to provide and obtain assistance for emergencies.
Meet The Team
Our team provides the fire and emergency medical services to the Town of Windham with the following number of resources:
- 20 On-call members
- 19 On-call members that also work per-diem
- 10 full-time firefighter-paramedics
- 24 per-diem firefighter-EMTs from out of town
- 3 Deputy Chief's (1 on-call, 2 full time)
- 1 Administrative assistant
- 1 Fire-Rescue Chief
The services are provided through a combination of full time, part time/per-diem, and on-call employees to give quality EMS and fire protection to the community. The majority of our members are cross-trained in both fire and EMS services.
We want to thank the community of Windham for their continued support of the Fire-EMS services we provide to the residents and visitors.