Responsibilities & Services
The GIS Mapping Department is responsible for developing, maintaining, and coordinating Town maps and GIS data. Town maps are now available in a Adobe Acrobat format.
What does GIS stand for?
Geographic Information System, which is designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data.
From the maps below you can access information about – property size, owner, parcel value, building(s) value, a description of the buildings and sales information.
What can I learn from the GIS Data Viewer Tool?
- Where a property is located;
- Property size;
- Layers – different views of the map - parcel, street, satellite, and topographic views;
- Where a water or sewer main is located;
- Measure Tools – you can measure different areas on the map area;
- Abutters Search – search for property owners surrounding a particular property;
- Print – print the screen your looking at;
- Full Screen – enlarges the map to the full screen view;
- View Property Data Page – a Vison property card will pop up;
- Sales data history of the property when it was sold and for how much.
How do I access the GIS Data Viewer?
- Click on GIS Data Viewer – a new page will come up;
- On the right-hand side type the address you are looking for then hit search;
- This map and the Vision Data base map are the same maps with the same features.
You may direct any questions to the GIS Department or the Assessing Department by calling 207-894-5960 ext. 3.
|GIS Data Viewer||Search parcel information|
|2020 Street Map||Shows all Windham streets|
|Tax Maps||Shows parcel data within maps|
|Trail Maps||Recreational trails in Windham|
|Trash and Recycling Map||Routes and days when trash/recycling is picked up|
|Voting and Districts Map||Shows how the town's voting districts are laid out|
|Windham Zoning Map||Shows the different zones of the town|