Natural Resources Advisory Committee
The purpose of the committee shall be to serve as an advisory body to the Town Council on issues related to the protection and enhancement of the community's natural resource base.
The committee shall consist of seven members appointed by the Town Council for their interest in and concern for the Town of Windham; knowledge of environmental issues is helpful, but not required. Membership shall be derived from a wide spectrum of interests and stakeholder groups. Appointments shall made for staggered three-year terms.
|Committee Member||Term Expiration|
|David Douglass||Council Term|
|Dennis Brown (Chair)||2021|
The committee shall elect a Chair from its membership, as indicated above. The Chair shall have the authority to convene meetings of the Commission, which shall be conducted in accordance with Maine's "Freedom of Access" law (1 MRSA), with due notice to the members. The committee shall adopt, subject to the review and approval of the Town Council, such other reasonable rules of procedures as may be necessary for the efficient conduct of its business while allowing for public input, accountability and due process; however, the committee shall not have the authority to conduct public hearings.
Watershed Protection Grant Program
2020 Annual Reports
It shall be the responsibility of the committee:
- At the direction of the Council:
- To identify problems, recommend solutions and propose policy goals for consideration by the Town Council which will preserve, protect and enhance the community's natural resources.
- To update the Town Council on the status of the community's natural resources and to identify short-term and long-term threats.
- To assist with the investigation of current and/or potential threats to the community's natural resources.
- To comment on proposed ordinances or ordinance amendments regarding their consistency with the preservation, protection, and enhancement of the community's natural resources.
- To educate the public on short-term and long-term threats to the community's natural resources.
- To meet with the Town Council on a regular basis, or as needed, regarding its activities
Committee Members do not have regular office hours. Questions and requests for information should be directed to Gretchen Anderson, Town Environmental and Sustainability Coordinator.