Summerfest Organizing Committee
The purpose of the Summerfest Committee is to coordinate an annual event that honors and celebrates the rich history and people of the Town of Windham and fosters a sense of community.
The Committee shall consist of not fewer than seven (7) nor more than eleven (11) volunteers from local businesses, civic organizations, town government and the general population, and will work in cooperation with the Director of Parks and Recreation and other town employees designated to assist in the event. Committee members shall not be required to be residents of the town, but be able to demonstrate a connection by residence, employment, business interest, or other civic and community organization affiliation.
Members shall elect a Chairman from within their membership at their first meeting after September 1st of each year. There may be sub-chairs established for different aspects of the event, but all committee members will support one another and contribute in any way possible.
It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to accomplish the following tasks for the event each year:
1. Establish the date(s) and time(s) for the event according to past history and other regional happenings.
2. Establish a theme that sets a tone and pulls together a common thread that may be reflective of a current town or regional trend.
3. Recruit and solicit involvement and support of local civic organizations, non-profit groups, businesses and individuals who will partner with the committee in order to provide a free, family-friendly event for all ages.
4. Schedule an assortment of activities that reach the interests of all segments of the population, while at the same time spotlighting those organizations who are involved in the event. These activities may also provide an opportunity for local non-profit groups, civic or community organizations to raise funds or recruit new volunteers or members.
5. Publicize the event using a variety of marketing methods so as to maximize participation and attendance at the event.
6. Solicit volunteer support to aid in all activities on the day(s) of the event.
7. Assist in implementation of all activities on day of event, including set-up and clean-up.
8. At follow-up meeting shortly after event, evaluate all aspects of event and make suggestions and recommendations for the next year.
Approved by Town Council Order 17-170
September 12, 2017
- (1) Vacancy
- Aaron Pieper
- Barb Maurais
- Caryolyn Allen
- Debra Matthews
- Karen Rumo @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Katie Varney
- Liza Libby
- Robin Mullins
- Thomas Matthews
- Tim Graham @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>