Social Service Agency Funding
The Town’s budget process to determine agency funding for fiscal year 2022 – 2023 is underway. Social service agencies who wish to be considered for funding from the Town are asked to complete and return a Social Service Agency Funding Request Form, include financial reports and any additional information relative to the agency and services provided to Windham residents. Applications without this information will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please submit all materials to the Windham Town Manager’s Office, 8 School Road, Windham, ME 04062, by no later than January 14, 2022. The Council's Human Services Advisory Committee will review applications and make a budgetary recommendation to the Council for consideration.
If you have any questions please call the Town Manager’s Office at 892-1907.
- Application Period: Applications accepted until January 14, 2022
- Committee Interviews: Due to pandemic and safety protocols we will not be scheduling in-person interviews. The committee will review applications and assign members to reach out if they have any questions before they deliberate. Please be sure to include the primary contact information and best time to call.
- Deliberation: January 17, 2022 - February 11, 2022
- Council Recommendation: The Human Services Advisory Committee will make a budgetary recommendation for agency funding to the Town Manager or his designee to include in the 2022-2023 proposed budget by the end of February.
- Budget Approval: The Council will deliberate, modify and approve the proposed municipal budget before it is presented at the annual Town Meeting on June 11, 2022 for public approval. Approved funding will be listed below after the annual Town Meeting.
- Funds may be requested by approved agencies after July 1, 2022.