The purpose of the Building Committee shall be to serve as an advisory body to the Town Council on the interview and selection process of a construction management firm for the renovation design, documentation, construction administration of the Town Hall and Public Safety Buildings.
The members of the Committee shall be as follows:
- Three (3) members of the Town Council,
- Town Manager,
- Code Enforcement Director,
- Building & Grounds/Facilities Supervisor,
- Town Engineer, and
- Up to three (3) members of the public.
Councilors shall be appointed by the Town Council as a whole and members of the public following application to and recommendation by the Council’s Appointments Committee.
The Committee shall elect a Chair and Vice Chair at its first regular meeting or as soon as possible thereafter from within its membership, except that the Town Council representatives shall not be eligible to serve as Chair or Vice Chair.
It shall be the responsibility of the Committee to:
- Review applications submitted by the construction management firms.
- Select top five applicants for interview.
- Participate in the interview process.
- Select the final candidate to award project (per Council approval).
This committee shall automatically terminate on June 30, 2020 unless the Town Council extends the time of termination.
Approved by the Town Council on March 10, 2020 by Council Order 20-061.