Substance Prevention Grant
The Town Council tasked the Substance Prevention Grant Committee to identify and make recommendations on public health and safety programs to disburse collected application education fees from marijuana license fees, alcohol permit fees and other designated fees set by the Council. The Town Council will have final approval of recommended disbursements.
Applicants who wish to present their public health and/or safety program promoting collaboration and positive choices in reducing youth substance use within the community of Windham for funding consideration are asked to complete and return a Substance Prevention Grant Application, include financial reports and any additional information relative to the proposed educational program. Applications without this information will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please submit all materials to the Windham Town Manager’s Office, 8 School Road, Windham, ME 04062 or submit scanned documents (PDF) to this email. The Substance Prevention Grant Committee will review applications and make a recommendation to the Council for their consideration.
If you have any questions please call the Town Manager’s Office at 892-1907.
- Application Period: Open ended. We will continue to accept applications until funds are expended. For administrative purposes, applications received by the third Friday of each month will be reviewed by the committee collectively. (Note: Business license fees are collected annually, a percentage of which funds this program.)
- Committee Interviews: Applicants may be required to meet with the committee to provide further details.
- Deliberation: The Substance Prevention Grant Committee will review applications at the beginning of each month.
- Council Recommendation: The committee will make their recommendation to Council regarding worthwhile educational grant programs and funding levels.
- Funding Approval: The request for funding will be placed on the Council’s agenda for funding authorization.
- Release of Funds: Applicants will be notified of funding approval. Checks will be processed within the parameters of the Finance Department’s bi-weekly accounts payable process. Payment will require an invoice and W-9.