The proposed draft Maine Waste Discharge License (WDL) for Portland Water District’s proposed surface waste water disposal system for the Town of Windham Maine is being made available for a formal 30-day public comment period. All comments on the proposed draft license must be received in the Department of Environmental Protection office on or before the close of business on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. Failure to submit comments in a timely fashion may result in the final document being issued as drafted.
Windham and the Portland Water District are working together to find a solution aimed at "protecting public health and the environment and promoting sustainable economic and community development."
The June 14, 2022 Sewer Referendum is passed by Windham voters!
D.E.P. Groundwater Discharge Permit Application
North Windham Sewer Public Meeting Presentation (50 MB) 5/19/2022***
North Windham Sewer Project Update (50 MB) 5/10/2022
North Windham Sewer Project - Direct Mailing 5/9/2022
North Windham Sewer Project - Advertisement and Notification of May 19, 2022 Public Meeting 5/6/2022
North Windham Sewer Project - Public Meeting & Information Session 4/27/2022 Meeting Minutes
North Windham Sewer Solution Presentation 4/26/2022
North Windham Sewer Solution Presentation 4/12/2022
Windham Waste Water Fact Sheet
Please refer to the following Council meeting agendas, videos and minutes to learn more:
- May 10, 2022 - Manager's Presentation CD 22-71 (Information presented prior to Unfinished Business items)
- April 26, 2022 - Council Action Order 22-073 (Acceptance of Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund award) *see video excerpt below and Council Discussion CD 22-60 (Sewer Project Information - Public Outreach draft mailing)
- April 12, 2022 - Council Discussion CD 22-51 (Sewer Project Update)
- March 22, 2022 - Council Discussion CD 22-41 (Sewer Project Update)
- December 14, 2021 - Council Discussion CD 21-163 (Sewer Project Update)
- November 9, 2021 - Council Action - Order 21-229 to amend contract with Portland Water District
- July 13, 2021 - Council Discussion CD 21-077 (Sewer Project Update)
- December 8, 2020 - Council Action - Order 20-257 to authorize contract with Portland Water District (for engineering, design and cost analysis)
- May 12, 2020 - Council Discussion CD 20-123 (Memorandum of Understanding with Portland Water District to explore a solution)
- May 5, 2020 - Council Discussion CD 20-046 (Sewer in North Windham)