What do I need to get a resident License for IFW? (hunting, fishing etc.)
Resident means: A citizen who has been domiciled in the State for three (3) consecutive months or an alien who has been here for one (1) year. If registered to vote you must be registered in the State of Maine. If licensed to drive, you must have a Valid Maine Motor Vehicle License. If filing a State income tax, you must comply with the State of Maine income tax law or be a student at a Maine college or University, you must reside there continuously for three (3) months and meet all of the requirements above.

Fishing Licenses are required for anyone 16 years old and older or a non-resident who is 12 years and older.

Hunting License requires proof of either:
a) completing a hunter safety course or
b) having held a valid ADULT hunting license in any state

Show All Answers

1. What are the hours for the Town Office?
2. Why is there a processing fee to use my credit/debit card?
3. What do I need to get a resident License for IFW? (hunting, fishing etc.)
4. Does the Town of Windham have a leash law for dogs?
5. What is the Game Warden's number?
6. Do I get a free license being of Indian Descent?
7. What about the Municipal Elections?
8. Where do I find out about the Cemeteries in Town?
9. I am doing Genealogy, how do I find records of birth, marriage and death?
10. Does the town have Dump?
11. Where can I get my water tested?
12. Where do I get a Worker's Permit for my child?
13. How do I reach the Center Stage Theater?
14. Where can I pick up my DD214 paperwork?